Mixed Links for Nonprofit Marketers and Fundraisers
TGIF! Let’s dive into some Mixed Links…
– Network for Good found that donors who set up a recurring gift gave an average of 42% more per year than those who only gave a one-time gift. See their new infographic on Why Recurring Giving Matters.
– The May Nonprofit Blog Carnival is up on Erik Anderson’s Donor Dreams Blog. This month’s theme was “Letting the nonprofit sector go to the dogs” and had some great posts on how to build loyalty among your supporters. Next month’s carnival will be hosted by Lori Halley at Wild Apricot, and she is now taking submissions. The theme will be “Nonprofit Inspiration and Innovation.”
– Bloomerang has 5 Tips For Creating An Effective Online Donation Form.
– We work with a lot of nonprofits who consider themselves small so I am curious what you think about this post – Stop Calling Yourself a Small Nonprofit. (Let me know in the comment section below)
– Buffer has some great information in The Anatomy of a Perfect Blog Post: The Data on Headlines, Length, Images and More. (Heads up – I had trouble getting the images in this post to open in Chrome, but they opened just fine in Firefox.)
– Speaking of images, we get a lot of questions about how to find photos that are OK to use with blog posts, websites, etc. This new guide from The Daily Egg may help – The Definitive Guide to Finding Images for Blog Posts and Content.
– Gail Perry has compiled some cringe-worthy event stories (food poisoning, long winded speakers, and even a death top the list) in Do NOT Make These Mistakes at Your Next Fundraising Event!
– If there is a session you want to see at the 2015 Nonprofit Technology Conference, then now is the time to let NTEN know. Next year’s NTC will be in Austin, TX.
Donor Newsletters That Raise More Money June 9th through June 17th (Only 10 spots left!)
Have a great weekend!
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou (1928 – 2014)