What to PUT in Your Newsletter
Puzzling over what makes really good newsletter content, especially in email?
It’s really not that hard.
People like email content that is Personal, Useful or Timely . . . or PUT.
Make your newsletter more Personal by
- Sending from a real person with a functioning reply-to address.
- Segmenting your mailing list so you can send people content that’s more relevant to them.
- Merging in personal information like a first name or last gift amount.
Make your newsletter more Useful by
- Thinking about what your readers would like to know how to do.
- Providing curated content that saves your readers time.
- Finding your niche and becoming the go-to source on your topic.
Make your newsletter more Timely by
- Focusing on upcoming events, rather than those in the past.
- Connecting your topics to what’s in the headlines.
- Sending it more often.
How do you make your newsletter more PUT: personal, useful and timely? Share in the comments.