What Did You Do, Think, or Feel This Summer? Share in the Carnival!
We are hosting the August edition of the Nonprofit Blog Carnival, which is a round-up of posts from bloggers in the nonprofit sector on a particular theme.
Our theme is “What You Did (or Thought, or Felt) This Summer.”
I tend to get more introspective and make big business decisions during two times a year — over the year-end/New Years holidays and during the summer when I’m taking vacation breaks from the daily grind.
So later this month, I’ll blog about some of what I’ve recently felt, thought, and done related to our work here at Nonprofit Marketing Guide that might not be so obvious to the casual reader. I encourage you to do the same and to share your link with us for the Carnival.
Bloggers, this is a great opportunity to . . .
- Let your blog readers go behind-the-scenes
- Get more personal or reflective than you might otherwise on your blog
- Preview some upcoming changes you have in mind
- Talk about what you’ve learned this summer
- Share anything else in the “What I Did This Summer” category.
The deadline is Tuesday, August 30 and we’ll post the Carnival round-up on Wednesday, August 31.
Readers, you can look forward to some really interesting posts that bring you up-to-date on what others in the sector are doing and where they are headed.
So, what exactly is a Nonprofit Blog Carnival?
It’s a monthly round-up of blog posts on topics by and for people who work in the nonprofit sector. Each month, the host creates a theme and sends out the call (in a post like this) for posts on that topic. Then the host collects the best posts in a round-up post towards the end of the month. As a reader, it’s a great way to learn about new bloggers who write about the topics you care about, and as a blogger, it’s a great way to get your ideas in front of new readers.
If you want to participate, you can write a post for your own website or blog. It doesn’t have to be specifically for the Carnival, or even mention the Carnival. I’ll review the submissions and we’ll feature the best in a post here at Nonprofit Marketing Guide on Wednesday, August 31.
Here’s how to submit:
- Write a blog post, or even choose a recent post that fits the theme.
- Submit your post via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, your blog’s name and the URL of the post (not your blog homepage).
- Get your post in by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 30. We’ll post the roundup on Wednesday, August 31.