FACEBOOK DUMP: Catch Up With 22 of the Latest Posts on Features, Fundraising, Ads and Engagement
Two. Billion. Monthly. Users.
Facebook hit this momentous milestone late last month. If Facebook were a country, it would be the most populous nation on earth, far surpassing China’s population of 1.4 billion.
Facebook even changed its mission for the first time in its 13 year history, from “to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected” to “to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.”
Keeping up with the world’s most ubiquitous social network can be quite daunting, especially for nonprofits with missions of their own.
To help YOU build YOUR community using Facebook, here’s a quick roundup up recent posts on new features, fundraising campaigns, ad advice and engagement.
1. Here Are All of the Features Facebook Introduced for LGBTQ Pride Month
This year, over 12 million people across the globe are part of one of the 76,000 Facebook groups in support of the LGBTQ community. Here are the details on Pride Month features on Facebook, Instagram and Messenger.
2. Facebook is Teaming Up With Relief Organizations to Create Disaster Maps Following Natural Disasters
Facebook is teaming up with UNICEF, the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, the World Food Programme and other organizations to create disaster maps that use aggregated, deidentified Facebook data when natural disasters strike.
3. Facebook Just Gave Its Safety Check Feature More Muscle
Safety Check was introduced in October 2014, and it has been activated more than 600 times.
4. Our First Communities Summit and New Tools for Group Admins
Facebook added 5 new features to help community managers grow and manage their groups.
5. Nonprofit Facebook page templates: What you need to know
Have you customized your template yet?
FACEBOOK LIVE & FUNDRAISING
8. Facebook Live for Nonprofits: How Live Streaming Helped One Org Raise Almost $100K
San Diego Humane Society recently used Facebook Live to document the rescue of #92Yorkies and kick-off a major digital fundraising campaign. Jennifer Grantham, Senior Director of Annual Giving at San Diego Humane Society, outlines the story and the key components to their incredible success.
9. Fundraising with Facebook Live
If you are a US-based 501(c)(3) with a verified Page you can use live video and other Facebook donation tools to raise funds for your nonprofit directly on Facebook when you apply and are approved by Facebook payments.
13. Bots – yes bots – are making Facebook Messenger a crucial platform for social good
Once Facebook’s most loathed feature, Messenger has evolved. It isn’t perfect, but it has become something none of us expected: an actual force for social good around the globe.
14. 5 Ways Nonprofit Facebook Messengers Bots Can Deliver Impact
Beth Kanter is exploring bots. Listen.
17. Here Are the 2017 Facebook Awards Winners
Nonprofits represent! This is the work that moved us to act—the work that woke us up and made us do something. It inspired action, a change in behavior and had a measurable impact on sales or related metrics.
18. 4 Facebook posts that prove why shareables are a campaign organizer’s best friend
Expand your reach, and move people to respond. Only one thing for the job: a shareable.
TIPS & TRICKS
19. Facebook: Here’s How to Stop Users From Seeing the Things You Follow
No more questions about those likes!
Got a Facebook gem of your own to share? Post it in comments. And tell us which one of these links you clicked on first, and found most helpful!