Why do organizations in the UK, Canada, and Australia raise more money with bequests than we do in the US?
Fundraising expert Tom Ahern believes that the answer may be as simple as not having a marketing plan to ask for those bequests.
A simple plan might include:
- Writing a vision statement that lets donors know how their bequest will help the organization for future generations.
- Identifying your best donors.
- Creating a bequest society.
- Sending an annual appeal letter.
- Adding stories featuring why other donors made bequests to your newsletter and other publications.
You can also add a “Bequest FAQ” page to your website and offer other resources such as sample bequest language or a bequest information sheet.
Still not quite sure how to get started?
Tom will be joining us next Thursday, June 6th, for his webinar, Marketing Bequests: The Delicate Art of Asking for That Final Gift. During this webinar, Tom will teach a proven method for eliciting bequests from your current donors using strategies from the UK’s Richard Radcliffe, the world’s leading researcher into legacy giving, and Canada’s bequest guru, David Love.
This 90-minute webinar will take place at 1:00 p.m. Eastern (10:00 a.m. Pacific) and is open to everyone. Registration is $75 (All-Access Pass Holders can attend free – RSVP on your All-Access Pass Dashboard).
This webinar will be recorded if you can’t make it live, but the recording will only be available to those who register before the live event and to All-Access Pass Holders in the Webinar Archive.