Happy New Year! Today is our last book giveaway of the holiday season. We’ll announce all the winners tomorrow.
My New Year’s Resolution
Here it is: Limit the Plan, Work the Plan, Enjoy the Plan
I need to LIMIT what I put on my schedule and what I want to create. I come up with far too many ideas and love the variety, but then don’t have the energy to do my best on the important things. I’ve come up with a few criteria to help me decide whether something should be in that limited plan or not.
I need to WORK the plan so I reserve time on my calendar not just to create great content, but to market or share that content too. And then I have to stick with the plan and stop waiting until the last minute to do everything.
Finally I need to ENJOY the plan! When you are self-employed, if you aren’t thoroughly enjoying your work, you only have yourself to blame. When I don’t like my job, it’s almost always because I am trying to do too much in too little time. I can control that.
Comment below with your New Year’s Resolutions related to your work. Winners will be randomly picked from comments made by Friday, January 3rd. You can also share on this Facebook post.
Books we will be giving away include:
- Facebook Marketing for Dummies by John Haydon, Paul Dunay and Richard Krueger
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard by Chip Heath, and Dan Heath
- Blah Blah Blah: What to Do When Words Don’t Work by Dan Roam
- Giving 2.0: Transform Your Giving and Our World by Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen
- Guerrilla Marketing for Nonprofits: 250 Tactics to Promote, Recruit, Motivate, and Raise More Money by Jay Conrad Levinson, Frank Adkins, and Chris Forbes
- The PayPal Official Insider Guide to Online Fundraising by Jon Ann Lindsey
- Managing Technology to Meet Your Mission from NTEN