We’ve heard some great ideas, and I’m leaning towards adding sections that get more at life on the job, in addition to which marketing tactics you plan to use. I am considering sections on
- Compensation/Salaries for nonprofit communications staff
- Tenure for communications staff — how long you stay in a job, what turnover is like
- Percentage of time spent on various tasks — not just marketing
- More specifics about how you measure success
- Internal communications and decisionmaking
We’ll also add a couple more demographic questions that will help us analyze the answers to these and other marketing-specific questions better:
- Size of the communications team
- Backgrounds and experience of the communications staff
Of course, we’ll leave in many of the tried and true questions about which communications channels will be most important, and how frequently you will publish content to them.
What else do you want to know about your fellow nonprofit communications pros and their plans for 2016? Let me know in the comments.