Nonprofits with effective communications are three times as likely to use an editorial calendar as those who say their communications are ineffective (2018 Nonprofit Communications Trends Report).
Kivi ran down some basics of using editorial calendars in yesterday’s post if you want to start there.
Then, if you want to REALLY get serious about your nonprofit communications program, you have to know more than just the basics. You need to know EVERYTHING.
And it so happens, Kivi will be teaching just that during her next two-part webinar series:
Two-Part Webinar Series
Presented by Kivi Leroux Miller
February 6th and 8th, 2018
1:00 P.M. Eastern (10:00 A.M. Pacific)
You have two options to attend – sign up for just Part 1 for $99 or attend both webinars for $199. (All-Access Pass Holders attend for free.)
During this two-part webinar series, we’ll show you how to make your editorial calendar work for you.
Part I: Creating Your Editorial Calendar [Tuesday, February 6th]
We’ll start with some editorial calendar basics.
- What is an editorial calendar?
- How do you set it up?
- What goes on it?
- Who is responsible for it?
- Where do you begin if you’ve never done an editorial calendar before?
- How can you resurrect an existing editorial calendar that’s just not working?
Part II: Using Your Editorial Calendar Strategically [Thursday, February 8th]
We’ll shift from building the tool itself to discussing editorial planning strategies and workflows that let you get the most out of the tool. We’ll cover:
- Understanding how the editorial calendar is a central tool in bringing CALM — Collaboration, Agility, Logic, and Methods — to your communications team.
- Following the Rule of Thirds in editorial planning to embed strategy while maintaining flexibility.
- Understanding how to maximize content repurposing so both you and your content are as efficient and effective as possible.
- Considering the power of a story arc to unify your editorial calendar.
- Using the editorial calendar to smooth out your content creation, review and approval process.
Can’t make it live? No worries! Both sessions will be recorded, but you must register before the event begins to receive access. The recordings will be available for two weeks.