In early November, we’ll open up the survey for the 2019 Nonprofit Communications Trends Report.
We’ll repeat a lot of questions from previous surveys to expand our “trends over time” data. For example, we’ll be asking about
- communication team salaries, sizes, and budgets
- communications effectiveness
- how communicators spend their time
- communications frequency in different channels
What else do you want to know? We try to include several new questions each year.
Here are some suggestions I’ve heard from our newsletter readers:
- What is the return on investment for different channels?
- How do you measure awareness?
- What are the must-have skills on a communications team versus nice-to-have? What gets outsourced?
- How do you segment your lists?
- What are people doing differently these days?
- What software do you use for various things?
- What combination of channels do you use for different goals?
More than 1,000 people usually participate in our survey. What do you think we should ask this year? Leave your ideas in the comments — and even better, leave examples of the multiple choice answers too!