Marketing Your Expertise:
Here's What You'll Get Done . . .
We’ll help you identify your most important media targets — and develop clear strategies for building relationships that will help your nonprofit show up in media outlets that advance your mission.
REGISTRATION BONUS: If you register early, you’ll get to participate in a special live webinar with Antionette Kerr on August 30: Yes! You Can Become a Media Darling. (All other Accelerator Participants will get access to the webinar recordings.)
Week 1 Topics: Goals: Your Media Relations North Start
Many nonprofits take a ‘spray and pray’ approach to media relations. They spray press releases to their entire media list and pray they get results. But true media success isn’t about the number of placements — it’s about where you get placed, and the messages you share in those placements. We’ll help you clarify your goals and begin developing a strategy that will get you the greatest bang for your buck.
WEEK 1 BONUS: You’ll get to attend webinar Navigating the Media Relations Trifecta of Earned, Paid, and Owned Media on September 13.
Week 2 Topics: Responsive: Creating a Two-Way Relationship With Journalists
Effective media relations isn’t just about pitching. It’s about building strong relationships with journalists — and being responsive to their needs. Learn how to identify the people within your organization who are your media champions — and how to equip them for success. We’ll also show you how to put a process in place to answer questions and respond to reporter queries quickly.
Week 3 Topics: Empowered and Attractive: Putting Your Best Face Forward
Learn how to transform your media relations assets — your website, news releases, and owned media — into tools that engage reporters and put your organization’s best face forward. We’ll help you develop a strategy for developing compelling information that gets journalists’ attention — and resonates with your intended audiences.
WEEK 3 BOUS: You’ll get access to a special webinar with Peter Panepento on how to position your top leaders to become thought leadership rock stars — utilizing both your existing channels and the media — on September 25.
Week 4 Topics: Targeted: Putting It All Together
We’ll help you put it all together by developing a targeted plan for building relationships with the 2-3 reporters and editors who can help your nonprofit become a media darling. We’ll also help you see your next steps in implementing your strategy.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are the group coaching calls?
The group coaching calls are scheduled for 12:00 - 1:00 pm Eastern (9 am Pacific) on Wednesdays, starting September 13 and continuing through October 3. We will record every call and share those links in the Facebook Group.
Are private coaching calls available?
Most of the work, including troubleshooting individual problems, will take place on the group calls. If you are struggling with something, odds are someone else is too! However, if you feel like you need a private call with Antionette or Kivi to work through a problem, we can certainly schedule time for that, assuming you are actively participating in group calls.
- Working directly with Antionette and Peter, and with other participants through the process of deciding your strategy, doing the work, and delivering a final product.
- Weekly group coaching calls, using GoToMeeting so we can screen share and make real progress together each week. Calls are on Wednesdays from 12:00 - 1:00 pm ET (9-10 am PT) and are always recorded in case you need to miss a call.
- Private Facebook Group where you can share ideas and solve problems with others who are working on their thought leadership and media strategies too.
- Worksheets, checklists, recordings, and other materials to help you make good decisions throughout the Accelerator.
- Up to three people from your team can participate on live calls and in the Facebook Group.
In addition to the weekly Accelerator calls, you will also get complimentary access to the following live training webinars, and to the recordings if you can't attend live:
- Yes! You Can Become a Media Darling with Antionette Kerr
- Navigating the Media Relations Trifecta of Earned, Paid, and Owned Media with Antionette Kerr
- Turn Your Executive Director into a Rock Star with Peter Panepento