Simple Rules: “Shortcut strategies that save time and effort by focusing our attention and simplifying the way we process information.”
Nonprofit communicators have to make tons of decisions a day. If making those decisions is hindering the amount of work you get done and making you feel overwhelmed, it’s time to make some simple rules of your own.
Using the Simple Rules book as a guide, these rules fall into 6 categories:
- Boundary Rules: what you should do (Yes or No rules)
- Prioritizing Rules: what is the most important thing to do
- Stopping Rules: what to stop doing or when to stop looking at alternatives
- Timing Rules: when to take action or what actions trigger other events
- How-To Rules: guidance under time or information constraints
- Coordination Rules: explain how individuals should behave to produce a group result
Having these types of rules in place will help you close the gap between your strategies and day-to-day tasks.
If you want to learn more about Simple Rules, join us for a brand new workshop Thursday, November 18th at 1pm ET. It’s for Pass Holders Only, but you can get your Pass here.