Based on some questions we got during last week’s webinar Getting People to Click: How to Write (Ethically!) for Opens, Clicks, and Conversions (recording available with an All-Access Pass), many of you still aren’t maintaining healthy email lists even though we’ve been talking about this for over 2 years now.
This is concerning any time of year, but believe it or not, year-end giving is right around the corner and a clean email list is essential for making it through the more rigorous filters inbox providers put up to handle the influx of holiday messaging.
See more in Email Deliverability Is Down (Meaning Your Emails May Not Be Making It to Inboxes)
Here are 6 things you should do NOW to have your best chances for a successful year-end email campaign:
1. Try to re-engage lapsed subscribers.
- 6 Messaging Options for Email Re-Engagement Campaigns
- We Are Running an Email Re-Engagement Campaign and People Have Feelings
- Creating a Re-Engagement Campaign [Free Online Course]
- We Want You Back! How to Re-Engage Inactive Email Supporters
2. Delete or suppress those who haven’t engaged in AT LEAST 90 days.
- Why Deleting People from Your Email List is a Good Thing
- When to Stop Snail Mailing and Emailing People, Part I
- Managing a Healthy, Engaged Email List [Online Course. All-Access Pass Required]
3. Run some list building campaigns to get new subscribers.
- 3 Email List Building Pop-Ups for Your Website
- Build Your Email List Master Class [Workshop coming September 20th]
4. Think of different ways to segment your list.
5. Create (or freshen up) your welcome series.
- Email Welcome Series Best Practices
- Do You Have an Email Welcome Series for New Subscribers? Probably Not
- Creating an Email Welcome Series [Free Online Course]
6. Test your automation processes
Create test email accounts from various inbox providers (Gmail, Yahoo, Apple, etc) to check the subscription/unsubscribe process works like it’s supposed to and to make sure your emails are getting through and look right.
I know it’s August, but taking the time to do this now will make life so much easier in a few months!