I’m presenting a brand new webinar on April 29, 2014 called Email List Segmenting: Strategies to Increase Open Rates, Motivate Action, and Build Engagement. As part of the prep, we worked with our friends at Bloomerang to do a quick survey. We asked about whether your nonprofit was segmenting its list and how, and if not, what was holding you back.
Here are the results . . .
Survey Findings At-A-Glance
- Most nonprofits either have robust segmenting practices or none at all
- Donation amount and action history are the most common segmenting methods
- A lack of knowledge, data and technological ability most commonly prevent segmenting
- 6 multiple choice questions delivered via email to SurveyMonkey
- Data collected between March 19, 2014 and April 9th, 2014
- 425 respondents, most with budgets less than $5 million
I hope you’ll join us for the webinar and learn how to put segmenting to work for you!