Puzzling over what makes really good newsletter content, especially in email?
It’s really not that hard.
People like email content that is Personal, Useful or Timely . . . or PUT.
Make your newsletter more Personal by
- Sending from a real person with a functioning reply-to address.
- Segmenting your mailing list so you can send people content that’s more relevant to them.
- Merging in personal information like a first name or last gift amount.
Make your newsletter more Useful by
- Thinking about what your readers would like to know how to do.
- Providing curated content that saves your readers time.
- Finding your niche and becoming the go-to source on your topic.
Make your newsletter more Timely by
- Focusing on upcoming events, rather than those in the past.
- Connecting your topics to what’s in the headlines.
- Sending it more often.
How do you make your newsletter more PUT: personal, useful and timely? Share in the comments.