Photo Credit: https://flic.kr/p/79pL7r
Want to squeeze more mileage from a great fundraising or advocacy email? Send it again.
Sending a fundraising or advocacy email again to non-responders — subscribers who did not open, click, donate or take action the first time — can sometimes raise as much, or produce as many actions, as the original send.
When planning a resend:
- Only send a well-performing email. Don’t resend a dud.
- If one of your campaign emails is falling flat, consider resending one that worked to make up for it.
- Write a SHORT, SIMPLE lift note explaining the resend and adding urgency (see the list below for inspiration)
- Try an am send/pm resend on a campaign deadline day (like Dec. 31) or a giving day like Giving Tuesday (this tactic has worked like a charm)
Here are some subject lines and phrases you can use for your resend.
- Are you in?
- Did you see this
- Don’t wait
- FINAL DAY
- Final push
- Last Ask
- Last chance
- Only Hours Left
- Running out to time
- So close
- The clock is ticking. Will you help?
- You can make it
- You still have a chance
- Can I count on you to make a generous gift before the deadline at midnight tonight?
- Have you seen X’s email from yesterday?
- I didn’t want you to miss out on this special opportunity
- I wanted to make sure you saw this important update
- I’m in. Are you?
- If you’re ready to be a part of this, make a $XX donation today
- In case you missed XX’s email from last week, I wanted to give you a quick update
- In just a few hours, (deadline will approach or offer will expire), and we still haven’t heard from you.
- Midnight is just a few hours away
- Right now, we need you to step up and keep the momentum going
- Today’s deadline is the last chance to
- We need to keep pushing
- We need XX grassroots supporters to chip in by midnight to meet our urgent goal
- We only have ($XX or XX donations) left before we meet our goal
- We won’t be able to (do important urgent thing) without your help right now
- XX many supporters have already stepped up with a gift
- Can you chip in right now and push us over the edge
Got favorite phrases of your own? Help us grow the list by adding yours in the comments.