I’ve been asked to contribute a chapter to an upcoming book called “Nonprofit Management 101: A Field Guide for Social Sector Professionals” that Jossey-Bass will be publishing in early 2011. My chapter will be on crafting an effective newsletter strategy.
I want to include lots of real-world anecdotes and lessons learned in the chapter. Do you have a story you can share about your newsletter experience, either print or email (or both)?
Here’s what I’ll be trying to communicate through the stories:
- Dos and don’ts, especially those that took awhile for you to grasp. What do you know now with some experience behind you that you wish you knew back when you started?
- What’s most challenging about producing a nonprofit newsletter, and how are you addressing those challenges?
- What mistakes have you made that you’d like to spare your nonprofit colleagues from repeating?
- What experiments have you tried with your newsletter and how did they turn out?
- What other words of wisdom would you share about producing a newsletter with someone new to the nonprofit world?
Any stories that help answer one or more of these questions would be wonderful! Please share in the comments or email me directly. If you email, please put Newsletter Story in the subject line.