“Sharing Your Progress” season is coming up fast. That’s when you talk about the highlights and victories of your year, and thank donors for helping you make it happen. We usually see these communications start in mid-November, peaking around Thanksgiving, and then leading into year-end appeals.
Regardless of the format that your communications take, you’ll need to figure out a way to give your donors thanks for their role in making that progress possible.
Here are 12 phrases we’ve seen other nonprofits use (hat tips with each example), and we encourage you to make them your own! Just replace what we have in italics with your own information.
Here you go . . .
1. You did it! Today we reached our $1.7 million goal for water projects in Rwanda. We couldn’t have done it without you. (charity: water)
2. We can do so much more because of you. Every gift matters, especially yours, as we work every day to ensure a brighter future for our community. Thank you. Together, we’re able to do so much more. (YMCA of Greater Charlotte)
3. We?re inspired each day by this amazing community of wildlife supporters. Enjoy this look back at major accomplishments this past year ? we couldn?t do it without you. (National Wildlife Federation)
4. Thank you for your unwavering commitment to helping animals in crisis — we couldn?t have done it without you! (ASPCA)
5. Wow! You made 2014 an incredible year for human rights. As a little thank you, here are 24 of your biggest moments . . . (Amnesty International)
6. Thank you to everyone who made an investment in the future of the Appalachian Trail. (Appalachian Trail Conservancy)
7. 4,760: the number of meals we served over Easter weekend. Thank you to every donor, volunteer, and prayer warrior who played a part in making this happen. (Nashville Rescue Mission)
8. You?ve taken a stand for millions of suffering animals. To them, and to us, you are a hero. (Humane Society of the United States)
9. We hope you know that YOU are our hero! The effort you put into reaching children is amazing! (Kids Hope USA)
10. Thanks to you and other steadfast wildlife lovers, we have some important victories to celebrate from the past year. (Defenders of Wildlife)
11. Our work would not be possible without your help. Because of you. . . (fill in accomplishment). Thanks to you . . . (fill in accomplishment). With your support . . .(fill in accomplishment). (The Nature Conservancy)
12. We are here FOR YOU and BECAUSE of YOU. THANK YOU for making our work possible. (Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation)
What are some of your favorite phrases? Share in the comments!