Yep, it’s that time of year already. Year-End Fundraising Season.
But you aren’t going to wait til the last minute to plan your campaigns this year.
This year, you will have all your ducks in a row before you flip the calendar to November.
This year you will OWN year-end fundraising.
Here are some resources to help…
The Beginner’s Guide to Planning a Successful Year-End Online Fundraising Campaign
Join online campaign expert, Kerri Karvetski, live on October 13th at 1:00 p.m. Eastern (10:00 a.m. Pacific) or listen to the recording afterwards as she lets you know how to draft your year-end strategy, how many emails to send and when to send them, how to integrate social media into your campaigns and how to measure it all when you’re done. Register now.
How to Write Amazing Year-End Fundraising Appeals by Network for Good
The Essential Guide to End-of-Year Fundraising for Nonprofits of All Sizes by Salsa
A Procrastinator’s Guide to Year-End Fundraising by Care2
Quick Start Guide to Year-End Fundraising by Network for Good
Ginny Mies at TechSoup has already compiled a great list for you in Fundraising Tools to Help You Prepare for End-of-the-Year Campaigns.
(The number 5 is very popular this year)
Allyson Kapin shares her
- Prepare now for #GivingTuesday!
- Make sure your donate button stands out.
- Check in with your donors, your constituents, and your best allies.
- Get your content calendar set up and approved.
- Jump on a call with your board members and advisory council.
Gail Perry also has Top 5 Tips for a Profitable Year-End Campaign.
- Say thanks first.
- Prime your your donors before you ask.
- Send repeated appeals and communications.
- Include a specific ask.
- Organize a timetable with special followups at year-end.
Caron Beesley at Salsa shares
- Develop a narrative and use social networks to amplify it
- Choose your media
- Incorporate donation tools into social media
- Create a schedule
- What to post?
- Create urgency in your fundraising posts
- Use social networks to get more email subscribers
- Monitor and respond
Adam Weinger shared his 2 Strategies to Promote Matching Gifts and Year-End Fundraising on John Haydon’s blog.
Strategy 1:Promote Based on Deadlines
Strategy 2: Send out Thanks in the Spirit of the Holidays
Network for Good encourages you to Have Your Best December Ever by:
- Getting Your Data in Order
- Creating Your Plan Now
- Zeroing in on Your Message
- Optimizing Your Giving Experience
- Trying a Peer-to-Peer Campaign for #GivingTuesday
- Focusing on Retention
You got this!