John Haydon gave me a great challenge: Share 9 content marketing tips. When you’ve written a 100,000-word book about nonprofit content marketing, boiling it down to your favorite 9 tips is a challenge.
But I did it, and John captured it wonderfully:
3 tips for email newsletters:
- Be all about the reader
- Quick read, skimmable
- One column, clean design
3 “musts” for better content marketing:
- Listen and understand your audience
- Solve problems, answer questions
- Repurpose content, you’re a media mogul
3 time-saving tools for newbies:
- Editorial calendar to stay organized
- Marketing bank for logos, photos, stories, etc.
- Quick and dirty marketing plan (audience, message, channels)
Check out our interview . . .