Nonprofit Communications Is Changing. But Are You Changing With It?
Yes, nonprofits are supposed to help the world, but that doesn’t make them immune from making huge mistakes and hurting people. Read the recent headlines: “National Geographic Apologizes for Past Racist Coverage,” “Nonprofit Leader Involved in Sexual Harassment Scandal,” etc, etc.
Language and behaviors that were once considered perfectly acceptable are now finally being called out and dealt with. Your organization does not want to be in the news for the wrong reasons.
Whether you’re dealing with supporters or clients or with your board or colleagues, your organization needs the tools to create and maintain a supportive and diverse culture.
And as communications professionals, you are in a great position to lead this culture change!
Join us this Thursday for our last Inclusive Conversations webinar:
Presented by Antionette Kerr and Kim Pevia
Thursday, April 19, 2018
1:00 P.M. Eastern (10 A.M. Pacific)
Can’t make it live? Registrants will have access to the recordings for two weeks, but you must sign up before we close registration at 12:45 P.M. ET the day of the event. We do not sell recordings after an event has started.
What We’ll Talk About
During this webinar, we’ll cover:
- Real life scenarios of communications pros who have implemented the Inclusive Conversations tools
- Best Practices in Diverse Communications
- Tools for keeping your allies on your side during these difficult conversations
- Tools for promoting diversity throughout the entire agency
- How diversity communications can impact your bottom line in fundraising and friendraising