Great communications after the first gift are what leads to the second gift.
Saying thank you to your donors, and saying it well, is only polite, right? The truth is that good thank yous are much more than good manners: they are a very smart and savvy fundraising strategy.
Same goes for impact reports.
When it comes to your thank yous, you must
- Understand that Thank Yous Are an Important Communications Strategy
- Send a Thank You to All of Your Donors
- Send Thank Yous in a Timely Manner
- Personalize Your Thank Yous
- Use a More Creative Opening
- Explain How the Gift Will Be Used
More than coffee mugs or certificates of appreciation, what donors really want is to feel like they are changing the world with you.
A few ways you can show them the progress you are making include:
- Donor newsletters
For more tips and examples on how to talk to your supporters so they feel appreciated, included, and inspired to give again, join us this Thursday, October 22 for a budget-friendly webinar How to Say Thank You and Share Your Successes with Your Supporters. Registration is only $20!