We like websites that help nonprofit communicators connect with each other, so when Marlene Oliveira told me earlier this year that she was going to launch a site called the Nonprofit MarCommunity, I was excited for her and for all of us. As she describes it, the site is a place to learn from and share knowledge with peers, and a place to feel part of a community of nonprofit marketers and communicators.
She is focusing on providing:
- Insights from the experiences of your peers through profiles, case studies and expert interviews
- Help with day-to-day activities with practical how-to articles on all things marketing communications
- Help with the most valuable learning opportunities, research studies and tools through book, research and product reviews
Marlene is also hosting a new Twitter Chat #NPMC –including one today at 1 pm Eastern on email marketing.
And for those of you in Canada, who often ask me if there is anything special just for Canadian nonprofit marketers, added bonus: Marlene is based in Toronto.
Here are a few recent posts I think you’ll like:
- Marketing implications of third party events [case study]
- Sixteen nonprofit blog post ideas
- Top 5 design tips for non-designers
As you can see, great stuff, and all the more reason to subscribe to the site now, no matter where you live and work.