We are hosting the August edition of the Nonprofit Blog Carnival
, a roundup of great writing on a specific topic for nonprofits, and our subject is “playing nice with others” so you can get more work done, and done effectively, in a nonprofit setting.
Here’s how this works . . . write a blog post that addresses one of the situations below before August 26, then send us the link at email@example.com. You can also include appropriate posts you already published in the last month or so.
If you have your own blog, publish your post there.
If you have a story or advice to share, but no blog, you can guest post for us here at Nonprofit Marketing Guide. We just need to hear from you about it sooner than later so we can get your guest post scheduled to publish on our blog sometime before August 27, as the Carnival will publish on August 28. Let Kristina know ASAP if you want to guest blog for us for the Carnival and she will work with you on our criteria (e.g. 500 words or so, need your photo) and deadline.
We look forward to hearing your advice, stories, lessons learned, etc. on topics like these:
- How communications, marketing, fundraising, IT and/or program staff can work together more effectively (or what to do when they aren’t)
- How to get your board members to be more effective advocates for your cause
- What to do when your boss or other decisionmaker won’t embrace marketing and fundraising best practices or is otherwise making your job difficult
- How you can bring others along — e.g., getting program staff to update social media — as members of your marketing team
- How to manage marketing and fundraising consultants (or how to be a good client!)
- Or anything else in this general line of thought.
Check out July’s edition, just published, at Fundraising Detective on Monthly Giving.
P.S. If you want to become a “Friend of the Carnival” and receive emails twice a month with reminders about the Carnival from Joanne Fritz, the nonprofit guide at About.com and manager of the carnival, you can sign up for the mailing list here.