We are doing a logo refresh soon, so I started to think about all of the places we’ll need to update.
Many are obvious:
- Website template
- Email template
- Social media accounts – personal and organizational
- Business cards
- Email signatures
- Advertising and marketing materials
- Any products, swag, or packaging you might use
- Building signage
But there are some other places you might not instantly think of . . .
- Documents and forms used by your program staff with clients or the public
- Internal documents, intranets, and screen savers
- Any freelancers or contractors who might create something with your logo on it
- Software that produces invoices, contracts, reports, forms, templates, etc., including everything from graphic design software to bookkeeping software
- Funders, partners, and other external organizations who may have reason to mention you (and use your logo) in their publications
- Your press kit or any place where you share logo files with others (be explicit that the older logos are no longer in use!)
- Shipping labels or other mailing supplies like envelopes
- Third-party listings and directories, including local, regional, state, and national lists
Where else should someone with a refreshed or rebranded logo remember to update? Share in the comments!