Has your nonprofit communications plan come together in an ad hoc, on-the-fly, piece-by-piece kind of way? If so, you aren't alone. And all the while, you are doing more and more, but are less and less sure it's all coming together in a way that makes sense to your participants and supporters. Your to-do list and frustration levels grow, and you wonder whether this treadmill you are on is really getting your nonprofit anywhere!
A great first step to reigning in the chaos and becoming more strategic about your communications is to do a communications audit. You can hire a consultant to do it for you, and gather input from all sorts of places, but that can be time-consuming and expensive.
That's why we've created a Do-It-Yourself Communications Audit Kit just for nonprofits that will help you chart everything you are doing now, take a good look at what's working and what's not, and map a strategic, reasonable course forward.
In this 46-page e-book, you'll find:
- An outline of the communications audit process and the detail you’ll need to complete your nonprofit communications audit.
- Professionalism and Consistency Questionnaire
- Clarity of Purpose Questionnaire
- Relevance of Messaging Questionnaire
- Tactical Implementation Questionnaire
- 20 Essentials for Your Nonprofit Website Checklist
- 20 Essentials for Your Nonprofit Email Newsletter Checklist
- 20 Essentials for Your Nonprofit Print Newsletter Checklist
- 20 Essentials for Your Nonprofit Blog Checklist
- 20 Essentials for Nonprofit on Facebook Checklist
- 20 Essentials for Nonprofit on Twitter Checklist
- 20 Essentials for Media/Blogger Relations Checklist
- 20 Essentials for Event Marketing Checklist
- Bonus download: An Excel spreadsheet where you can rank your individual communications channels on several criteria.
- Bonus download: A one-page Word document that’s a compressed version of the Excel spreadsheet.
The e-book is delivered electronically as a PDF file as soon as your payment is processed. We do not ship hard copies.
The PDF e-book includes links to the Excel and Word documents.