Revamping Your Tagline: Interview with Nancy Schwartz
Yesterday, we heard from Melinda Pearce McKee about how NCGives transformed its tagline. Today, I’m sharing an interview with Nancy Schwartz, queen of all things nonprofit tagline and publisher of Getting Attention.org.
In this 17-minute interview, Nancy shares
- How your nonprofit can explore the nearly 5,000 taglines in her new database, searching by several criteria, including the type of organization and specific words.
- Suggestions for how to get started if you are revising your tagline or starting from scratch
- What to do if someone is already using a tagline you want to use
- Which words you may want to avoid in taglines, and when cliches work to your advantage
- Additional resources to help tagline-challenged nonprofits