One bit of good news from this year’s Nonprofit Communications Trends Report:
Communications Staff Feel Respected by Their Colleagues
In the 2019 report, 70% of participants said their expertise as a communications/marketing professional was valued. (To download past reports, join our Free Membership program)
In this year’s report, we decided to look at the data by departments and this is what we found:
- 81% feel respected and valued by their supervisors.
- 74% feel respected and valued by programmatic colleagues.
- 70% feel respected and valued by development colleagues.
These are strong numbers!
But if you are one of the 20% – 30% who do not feel like your work is valued, here are some resources to help you.
- Communications Directors: “Doormat” Isn’t in Your Job Description
- Setting Boundaries So You Don’t Get Doormatted
- 11 Ways to Improve Collaboration Between Departments
- Why Nonprofit Marketing and Development Departments Really Need to Work Together