As you get older it’s natural to become disillusioned with your childhood crushes. Jake Ryan isn’t even close to the perfect boyfriend. John Bender is a huge walking red flag. And Ferris Bueller is a spoiled brat who is horrible to his clearly depressed friend.
But Ferris did get one thing right:
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
While this should inspire us to skip work occasionally to take in a ballgame, go to a museum, or have a fancy lunch posing as the Sausage King of Chicago, it should also inspire our attitudes at work.
Some of you have kept your heads down too long and are so stuck in the “well, this is how we have always done it” way of thinking, you are missing huge changes to our sector.
And one of the biggest changes I have seen since starting in this business over 10 years ago is in email marketing.
Life moves pretty fast…well, email marketing trends move just as fast.
Our 2020 Nonprofit Communications Trends Reports shows that nonprofits are NOT keeping up with email marketing best practices.
And unfortunately for you, Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft and other inbox providers DO NOT CARE that you are a nonprofit trying to save the world. They will block your emails if you keep doing what you’re doing.
The good news is we can get you up to speed quickly with clear advice on what to do next during our BRAND NEW webinar series that covers both email list management AND creating great engaging emails.
Email Marketing Trends for Nonprofits
Two-Part Webinar Series with Kivi Leroux Miller
Tuesday, February 18th & Thursday, February 20th
1:00 – 2:00 pm Eastern (10:00 – 11:00 am Pacific)
(You can register for just Part 1 for $119)
Can’t make it live? Registrants will have access to the recordings for two weeks, but you must sign up before we close registration at 12:45 pm ET the day of the event. We do not sell recordings after an event has started.
More About This BRAND NEW Series
In Webinar #1, we’ll focus on your overall email marketing strategy and how you manage your mailing list to increase engagement and maintain or improve deliverability (e.g., staying out of the spam folder).
- The new email deliverability metrics that matter most
- How to find out who on your mailing list is engaging with your content and who isn’t
- How to set up policies for when you slow down or stop emailing people entirely (this is a must!)
- How to explain the health of your email list and importance of engagement to others, like senior managers and your board
- The best roles for email marketing in your communications strategy and in your editorial calendar
- Specific strategies to increase list engagement including a welcome series and re-engagement campaigns
In Webinar #2, you’ll learn the latest trends in email copywriting and design for nonprofits. What should engaging email look and sound like in 2020? You might be surprised!
- The latest trends in fundraising, advocacy and educational emails from nonprofits
- The writing styles that work best in nonprofit email
- How long your emails should be and what they should look like
- Writing and designing email for mobile first
- How to identify and fix common mistakes and how very small changes to certain elements of your email appeal or email newsletter can drastically improve its effectiveness