This webinar is included with an All-Access Pass or you can pay the single $99 registration fee.
This could be the most important online marketing and fundraising training you take all year.
In this 60-minute webinar, Kivi will tell you exactly what you need to do to run an effective email marketing and/or fundraising program today.
Two Ways to Attend:
Single event registration or via the All-Access Pass Program
If you have an All-Access Training Pass, this webinar is included at no additional charge and you can register on your All-Access Pass Dashboard.
Unbeknownst to most nonprofits, the emails you send to your mailing list go through an increasingly complicated and sophisticated obstacle course before landing in the inbox.
Much like the more familiar social media algorithms, inbox providers like Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo are constantly tweaking the algorithms that decide if and when the emails your nonprofit sends will get delivered -- or if they are labeled as spam.
Understanding the new rules of email deliverability is essential to meeting your fundraising, advocacy, awareness and education goals.
In fact, a recent study by EveryAction shows that emails going to spam costs the average nonprofit to lose over 20% of its fundraising potential on Giving Tuesday and at year end.
These new email rules are all about engagement. Inbox providers are tracking not just opens and clicks, but how often someone deletes email from your nonprofit without reading it and how often that person replies to or forwards your nonprofit’s emails. They know when people are hitting the spam button on your emails and when they are rescuing them from the spam folder.
During this brand-new webinar, we’ll not only explain these changes, but more importantly, tell you exactly what you need to do to run an effective email marketing and/or fundraising program today.
Changes in Email Deliverability that Affect Your List Management Strategies
- The new metrics that matter most
- The high cost of doing nothing and continuing your email marketing as usual
- How looking at the wrong data can ruin your online reputation to the point that most of the email you send goes to spam
How to Figure Out Who’s Engaged with Your Email and Who Isn’t
- How to find out who on your mailing list is engaging with your content and who isn’t, no matter what email sending platform you use
- How to define engagement in a way that works best for your nonprofit
- How to calculate and track your email engagement metrics in the most meaningful way
- How to explain the health of your email list and importance of engagement to others, like senior managers and your board
Re-engagement Strategies to Win Back the Unengaged
- Five different types of email re-engagement campaigns, including email outlines and schedules
- What do when they still don’t open an email, including recommendations for deleting or suppressing records from future mailings
Automating Your Email System for Long-Term Success
- How to structure different levels of engagement
- How to automate who gets put into those different levels
- Allowing supporters to segment themselves
- Customizing your opt-out language and pages
How to Handle Special Email Challenges that Affect Engagement
- Seasonal engagement challenges (when you need to email a lot at certain times of year, but very little at other time)
- What to do when a supporter is active in other channels, but not on email
- What to do when someone is new to your mailing list, but not opening your emails
Get the Nonprofit Marketing Guide 2018 Email Engagement Playbook, outlining the steps to manage a healthy email list, build long-term engagement, and improve your email deliverability and sender reputation.
Don’t leave the future of your email communications and online effectiveness to chance! Learn what you need to know to manage your email program for long-term success.
This webinar will be led by Kivi Leroux Miller.
Kivi Leroux Miller is the founder and CEO of Nonprofit Marketing Guide, where she helps nonprofit communications professionals learn their jobs and love their jobs through a variety of training and coaching programs.
She is the award-winning author of three books, as well as a popular blog:
CALM not BUSY: How to Manage Your Nonprofit's Communications for Great Results (2018, Bold & Bright Media)
Content Marketing for Nonprofits: A Communications Map for Engaging Your Community, Becoming a Favorite Cause, and Raising More Money (2013, Jossey-Bass). ** WINNER of the 2014 Terry McAdam Book Award **
The Nonprofit Marketing Guide: High-Impact, Low-Cost Ways to Build Support for Your Good Cause" (2010, Jossey-Bass)
Kivi is also a popular keynote, workshop, and webinar presenter, speaking dozens of times each year. She is also the co-founder of Bold & Bright Media.
After many years in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, DC, Kivi gave up big city life to raise a family in rural North Carolina with her husband, two daughters, two cats, and countless backyard wildlife. She enjoys writing; gardening; volunteering with Girl Scouts, her church, and her local farmers market; hiking; vegetarian cooking; and teaching her kids how to bake.
P.S. This webinar will be recorded and available to watch for two weeks, but you must register BEFORE the webinar begins.