This week, I don’t have a completed worksheet for you. Instead, I want your help making a new one.
I get this question all the time: How much can one communications person at a nonprofit really be expected to do? I tried to answer it right about this time last year in this post, “What’s a Reasonable Amount of Content to Produce?”
But I’d like to come up with something that you can customize yourself for your situation.
So, tell me, what factors do you think should be included in this kind of calculation?
- Number of hours in your work schedule?
- Years of experience?
- How many different programs and services you have to talk about?
- How many different communications channels you manage?
- How cooperative other staff are?
- How many levels of review you have to navigate your way through?
What else should be factored into this? Please share your ideas in the comments (and if you get these posts via email, click over to the blog to add your comments).