How to Create a Nonprofit Annual Report: The E-Book
PLEASE NOTE: We are discontinuing this e-book. Please refer to our FREE Nonprofit Annual Report Examples for inspiration. And keep an eye on our Webinar Schedule to see when we offer our Annual Report webinar.
You've decided that it's time for your nonprofit to publish an annual report. Or maybe your organization has published an annual report in the past, but this is the first time you've been asked to write it.Either way, "How to Create a Nonprofit Annual Report" is the clear, practical, and easy-to-follow guide you need to produce an annual report for your nonprofit.Whether you want to try what we call the "New and Improved" shorter annual report formats, or you'd rather stick with something more traditional, this e-book has you covered.Here's what you'll find inside . . .
Table of Contents
Nonprofit Annual Report Basics
- Why Your Nonprofit Needs an Annual Report
- What Donors are Really Looking For
- The Differences Between Corporate and Nonprofit Annual Reports
- Writing a Report That Will Get Read
- Traditional Annual Reports v. New & Improved Approaches
- Two Decisions to Make Before You Start
The Five Essential Elements
- Accomplishments, Not Activities
- Real People Telling the Story
- The Financials -- Includes five sample formats.
- Ample Thanks
- A Call to Action
- What to Leave Out
New and Improved Annual Report Formats
- Online Annual Reports
- Two-Page and Four-Page Print Annual Reports -- Includes two sample layouts.
- Oversized Postcard
- Annual Report Mini-Site
Producing a Traditional Annual Report
- Common Sections of a Traditional Annual Report
- The Process of Creating a Traditional Annual Report
- Developing a Theme for Your Report -- Includes 19 possible themes you can use.
- Use Your Theme to Help You Tell Your Story
- Pulling Together Your Lists
- Back To the Beginning: Writing Your Executive Message
- Executive Message Recipes - Includes five sample letters.
- Designing and Printing Your Annual Report
Frequently Asked Questions
What To Do After You’ve Published Your Report
- Measuring Its Effectiveness
- Preparing for Next Year
A Quick Review of What Not to Do: 10 Annual Report Mistakes Nonprofits Make
Additional Examples and Resources
"How to Write a Nonprofit Annual Report" answers all of these questions and more:
- Do we really need an annual report?
- What are the basic steps in creating an annual report?
- Who in the office should write it?
- How do I write each section?
- What should it look like?
- How long should it be?
- What kinds of photo and graphics should we use?
- Can we do it online or do we have to print it?
- When should we release the report?
- Is it OK to do an annual report every other year?
- Who should get a copy?
- Should we put it on our website and how?
- Does the report need to be fancy and printed in full color?
- How do we talk about bad news?
- How do we know if our annual report worked for us?
- What can we do now to prepare for next year's annual report?
- What are the most common mistakes nonprofits make with their annual reports?
We've included everything we know about annual reports in this 60-page guide, so we gladly offer a money-back guarantee. If you aren't happy with the e-book, just let us know and we'll process a refund.
Get started creating an annual report your supporters will love!
The e-book is delivered electronically as a PDF file as soon as your payment is processed. We do not ship hard copies.