Did you know organizations in the UK, Canada, and Australia raise more money with bequests than we do in the US?
Fundraising expert Tom Ahern believes that the answer may be as simple as not having a marketing plan to ask for those bequests.
A simple plan might include:
- Writing a vision statement that lets donors know how their bequest will help the organization for future generations.
- Identifying your best donors.
- Creating a bequest society.
- Sending an annual appeal letter.
- Adding stories featuring why other donors made bequests to your newsletter and other publications.
You can also add a “Bequest FAQ” page to your website and offer other resources such as sample bequest language or a bequest information sheet.
Still not quite sure how to get started?
Tom will join us for his very popular webinar training,
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
1:00 p.m. Eastern (10:00 a.m. Pacific)
During this 90-minute webinar, Tom will teach a proven method for eliciting bequests from your current donors using strategies from the UK’s Richard Radcliffe, the world’s leading researcher into legacy giving, and Canada’s bequest guru, David Love.
Registration in $99 or free with an All-Access Pass.