Do Your Own Nonprofit Communications Audit – New E-Book Available
One thing I have learned mentoring and consulting with nonprofit marketers (and being a content marketer myself!) is how easy it is to lose track of where you are in your communications strategy. You are constantly adding new communications channels – email newsletters, print newsletters, blogs, website, etc.
You are doing more and more, but are less and less sure it’s all coming together in a way that makes sense to your participants and supporters. Your to-do list and frustration level grows, and you wonder whether you’re getting anywhere.
A great first step to reigning in the chaos and becoming more strategic about your communications is to do a communications audit. You can hire a consultant to do it for you, and gather input from all sorts of places, but that can be time-consuming and expensive.
Get the Webinar and the E-Book
Next Friday, February 19th I am presenting my popular webinar How to Do Your Own Nonprofit Communication Audit through our training partner CharityHowTo.com. During this nonprofit webinar, I’ll walk you through my DIY Nonprofit Communications Audit Kit which gives you:
- Step-by-step instructions on what materials to gather.
- Scoring sheets and rating scales to help you evaluate your communications as a whole.
- Ranking worksheets to help you compare your specific communications against best practices and pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Suggestions for what to do next based on the results of your DIY Communications Audit.
Or Just Get the E-Book and Skip the Webinar
In this Kit, you’ll learn how to self-assess your nonprofit’s current communications in four essential areas:
- Professionalism and Consistency. Do your communications convey the professionalism of your organization, or do they look amateurish? Do your communications convey a consistent brand?
- Clarity of Purpose. Are your communications clear and specific about what your organization is doing, and what you want participants or supporters to do?
- Relevance of Messaging. Do you present your messaging in ways that are relevant to participants and supporters?
- Tactical Implementation. Do you know what makes a good website, e-newsletter, print newsletter, blogs or social media?
The Kit also includes “Essentials” checklists for:
- Email Newsletters
- Print Newsletters
- Facebook Pages
- Media/Blogger Relations
- Event Marketing
With this Kit, you’ll be able to take a look at what’s working and what’s not with your communications and how to chart a strategic, reasonable course forward.
If you have already attended or plan on attending my webinar Do You Own Nonprofit Communications Audit at CharityHowTo.com or if you are an All-Access Pass Holder, you do not need to buy this Kit. The Kit is provided as part of the webinar and with your All-Access Pass.