5 Clever Online Engagement Ideas for Nonprofits
Looking for ways to engage supporters online? Get inspired by these real nonprofit digital engagements!
1. Ask An Artist To Illustrate
Take that hashtag contest to the next level. Invite an artist to illustrate your supporter’s thoughts submitted online.
2. Make a Reading List
Summer’s coming. Back-to-School season begins in August. Curate a book list for your supporters, but be sure to leave room for supporters to add their own. This works well for movies, too.
3. 6 Word Story Contest
Snopes says Ernest Hemingway did NOT write this short story on a bet. Nevertheless, it’s a great engagement idea for small digital spaces such as Twitter.
4. Bumper Sticker Contest
If you want to unleash your supporter’s creativity, invite them to submit ideas for a bumper sticker contest. Choose a few you like then ask them to vote for their favorites. BONUS: Invite supporters to secure their new sticker with a small donation.
5. Instagram Contest
30 days of photography fun! The key to this is to make it easy, track the hashtag, and engage with participants by liking, commenting and re-gramming their pix.
- Social Media Takeovers: 6 Nonprofits That Gave It Up for Good
- How Clever Are You? Test Your Communications Smarts With These 16 Nonprofit Quizzes — and Emails to Match!
- A Super Effective Online Fundraising Tool: The “Wins” Blog Post
- 6 Tips for Launching Your Own Member Month Campaign
- Hashtags for Every Day of the Week (Nonprofit Edition)
What’s your engagement idea? Got a clever campaign to share? Add to the conversation – post a comment!