Lots of nonprofit writing stinks . . . but it doesn't have to!
Relax . . . You can bring your writing back to life. Here are a few resources to help.
25 Metaphors Nonprofit Can Use to Get Their Message - And the Decrepit Dozen to Avoid (Free E-Book)
Learn how your nonprofit can use metaphors to bring the more technical aspects of your job to life. This e-book includes a simple five-step approach to working with metaphors, including a list of nearly 20 questions you can use to explore a metaphor more fully.
Nonprofit Writing Prompts (Free)
Sign up for my monthly writing prompts newsletter to receive at least 10 ideas a month that will help you get rid of that writer's block.
Webinars on Nonprofit Copywriting
Nonprofit Marketing Guide.com often offers webinars on copywriting for nonprofits, including Creating Better, Faster, More Effective Communication.
Kivi's Articles and Blog Posts on Nonprofit Copywriting
- Tell Better People Stories: Use a Post Hole Digger
- The 50-50 Rule for Creating Great Content
- 20 Favorite Formats for Nonprofit Content
- Ten Signs Your Nonprofit Writing Might Stink
- Seven Deadly Sins of Nonprofit Writing
- Stop Talking Like a 501(c) - Tips for Being Real with Supporters
- 7 Cures for Nonprofit Writer's Block
- Drawing Your Communications Arc
- A Better Call to Action: Ask Supporters to Take One Single Next Step
- What Goes in Your Editorial Style Guide
- What Your Supporters Want to Read
- Nonprofit Thank You Letter Dos and Don'ts